Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Your Joy, it comes with the light..

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

many times, i'm inspired by a song or by nature... or even by a dream. today i was inspired by two people. one has been my best friend for a couple of years, and the other one i have never even met. one had finally set his heart on something he thought was his destiny. today, he found out his plans and the goals he had for himself can no longer be carried out the way he wanted them to because of his past. the other may be fighting for her life tomorrow. her disease is making her so weak that she is now questioning whether she will ever be able to lead the life she's always thought of.

the suffering isn't what inspires me. the way they handle the inevitable is what i love. after telling my friend not to give up, he stated, "who said anything about giving up? the apostle Paul had a lot to deal with too, ya know? i still love life!" i'm glad he sees the big picture and his hope isn't bound to his circumstances. and no matter what his past looks like, the Lord's blood, grace, and mercy cover him now.

and for the other.. she may be questioning, but she sure isn't giving up. she gets up, goes to school every day, struggles to have the energy to take a test, and talks about where she hopes to go next. she knows she has no other choice. besides, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. i'm thankful our time here is only a flash compared to eternity.

Let this be the only love song I write
May You be the only Love in my life
I asked You to draw me, I said I would run
So though I walk through the valley, yet will I trust
I asked You to call me, I said I would come
So though I go up the mountain, yet will I run

Though my song be taken from me
Yet will I sing; yet will I praise You
Though the joy be taken from me
Yet will I laugh; yet will I shout unto You
Though the light be hidden from me
Yet will I walk; yet will I run after You
Though my heart be slain within me
Yet will I trust; yet will I follow You

‘Cause I know whatever You do, You do through the eyes of mercy
And nothing can be added to it, nothing can be taken away
There is a time for every purpose under the heavens
So though my weeping may last for the night
Oh how Your joy, it comes with the light
-Audra Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment