Sunday, March 1, 2009

God loves my heart.

i had a dream last night that an old friend gave me a tattoo. it was going down the backside of my arm and read, "God loves your heart." (Mom, don't worry.. i'm not getting any more tattoos). i just love the way He encourages me. sometimes i wonder how He can love me. i feel so unworthy, and i feel like my heart is no longer pure... like it ever was. that's the beautiful thing about it all. we are unworthy and have never been pure, but He sees us this way because of His blood that covers us. His blood covers my heart and He sees me as holy.

gabrielle made me a CD today with this song on it. His timing is perfect. i love the words..

i can't understand this work of grace
how a perfect God would come and take my place

i can't understand this work of grace
how a perfect God would come and take my place

the stars they don't move you
the waves can't undo you
the mountains in their splendor
they cannot steal your heart

this God who is holy
perfect in beauty
awesome in glory
is ravished by my heart

though i'm poor you say i'm lovely
though i'm dark you say i am beautiful

somehow my weak glance, it overwhelms you
somehow my weak love, it has stolen away your heart
-sarah edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment