Friday, March 13, 2009

my bucket list

1. write a book. it would have to be an informal one, probably just comprised of poems and thoughts i've written in the past. Mamaw has begged me to, and that gives me incentive to do so. besides, she has faith in me. :) i like reading books that are real and full of issues that most ignore. we all have them, most of us just don't admit it.

2. "..think i'll find a lover, fly them out to Spain.." i listened to these words by Augustana tonight on the way home. my lover will be my husband, of course (God-willing), and i'll be going to Spain with him.

3. see the Northern Lights. i've recently become fascinated with auroras. i didn't even know what they were a few weeks ago, but now i'm set on seeing one during my lifetime. it's like an awesome light show straight from the Lord. research it, and you're guaranteed to be amazed. you can see them best from Alaska, Norway, or Russia. i would be fine watching from any of the three.

4. go to Africa, hold the orphans, and kiss them on their cheeks. they just look so precious in the pictures i've been looking at. i also want to see Jesus in them.

5. go skydiving. it seems like almost everyone's list of things-to-do includes this one. who wants to go with me?

6. walk where Jesus walked. being where He was, while He's also living inside of me, has got to be the best thing next to heaven. i think if i ever go to Israel, i'll just cry the whole time. not out of sadness but of joy. He has redeemed me and is alive!

7. spend St. Patty's in Ireland. i would have to take Mollie and Patrick with me. one reason being they love St. Patty's and Ireland, and another reason being they are just two really cool people to hang with. we've always said we needed to go to Europe together. this would be the ideal occasion. if i had my way, we would pay an outrageous amount of money to ride horses through the Gap of Dunloe on this day.

8. go sailing. there's something about the idea of it that's so freeing. listening to david gray makes it even more appealing. "sail away with me honey, i put my heart in your hands..."

9. take a road trip to Cali. i've never been, and i have a hunch i would like it. i've always wanted to go to arizona too, to see where my cowboy of a Grandaddy grew up, so i figure i'll just stop and see all the sights along the way.

[more to be added...]

1 comment:

  1. Haha aren't you a little young for a bucket list? But anyhow I love this post. . .I think you are right you would have one interesting book. . .I would like to do all of the above except the sky diving and maybe the book, I like to be in control too much to sky dive. . .and well I like to write,but I think my book would be pretty boring to most people. . .and looks like we were on the same page about sailing! This is something I am definitely gonna do before I leave this island for good! I'm determined :)

    ReplyDelete