Saturday, March 28, 2009

look how they shine..

it's been a good day. i got up at 9am (earlier than i get up any other morning.. i have to make my favorite day count!) and worked on part of a practice test. Iron & Wine helped with this gruesome task. they're really good at setting the mood. since it was so warm, i spent the rest of my afternoon at the riverwalk with my fishermen friends. we ate chinese, as always, and caught up on life. my name is still carved on my bench, but it's fading a little. Carl goes back after a heavy rain to color it in again. it wouldn't surprise me a bit if i returned tomorrow with my name looking as good as new...

tonight, i had a movie night with nick and his family. bella is my favorite miniature pinscher in the world. i really just go to see her and josie. ohhh, i'm kidding. maybe. we watched a couple of movies, one of which really inspired me. i just have to rant for a few minutes.. starting now.

it really bothers me that various institutions and people have so much control over the human mind. one movie was based on intelligent design and how most won't ever be educated on it because it's not allowed to be discussed in classrooms at all; and yet, we can discuss Darwin's views all day long. having a degree in biomedical sciences, i sat through biology classes galore. i don't remember one professor ever mentioning God or creation. they gave us no option other than evolution. we are supposed to have the right to choose what we believe, but we are presented with only one choice.

i choose science and God. i choose to practice medicine and believe in a God who is supernatural and a much better Physician than i'll ever be. He created the first cell..the first human body.. so He knows it inside and out. that is such a relief. it's incomprehensible to me how people can put their faith in outrageous ideas such as aliens inhabiting the earth or the first molecule forming from nothing but turn a deaf ear to the sound of His name...

every design, however simple or complex, has a designer. the Designer i know created the beauty around me, and i wish everyone could see Him in all of His glory one day.

as i was driving home tonight after the downpour, i looked up and saw the stars in a very clear sky and smiled. it was just another moment that i realized how small i am and how sweet He is to me. i am blessed, and my life has meaning because of Him.

p.s. my best friend Stephanie just became a blogger. this also added joy to my Saturday in a really big way. now i can read about and remember her hilariousness anytime i please! i love you, Stephie. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love love love mini pins! They are sooo cute! :) I don't blame you if you DO just go for the dogs haha. . .I agree with you it is ridiculous that they teach every other theory but creation in classes, but it is possible to believe in science and God as long as we continue to remember who created all that science!

    I love moments like that when the sky clears up and all you see is stars speckled throughout the sky. . .ahh

    Haha I'm glad to hear you find my stories entertaining and I enjoy reading your blog, your grandmother is right, you do have a knack for writing :)

    ReplyDelete