Sunday, March 22, 2009

spider monkeys and cherry blossoms

ah, it's been such a great weekend. i'm not usually very good at documenting significant events, but i get the idea that's what bloggers are supposed to do. i say this weekend is significant because it's finally spring! i'll do my best at re-capping..

Kristi and Leyden came to spend the weekend with me. it was good to have two more souls in my tiny apartment to keep me entertained! friday night, Kristi read some of Grandaddy's journal to us and, of course, we nearly died laughing. he wrote about the first time he met Gran and how he had to break Mary Louise's heart (the girl he had asked to marry him before laying eyes on his "dear, sweet Juanita"). we also found a poem Gran had written him while he was at war. who knew she was a writer?

we spent the majority of our time Saturday at the zoo. Kristi and Leyden had planned on going to the mcwane center and vulcan park but decided at the last minute the zoo would be a good choice. apparently, everyone and their brothers thought so. i felt like i was at disneyworld all over again. the animals were cute (especially the spider monkeys and massive lion), and the train ride was pretty swell too. my mom told me they would probably keep me with the monkeys. thanks, mom. afterwards, they got to experience cheesecake from the cheesecake factory and iguana grill. Lauren, Ryan, and Claire met us at iguana grill, and it was fun getting to see them. Ryan really made me laugh.

i rolled out of bed this morning and rode home with Mollie to get in some much-needed riding time. the weather was perfect. Rio, my Arabian friend, doesn't have the most pleasant trot, so i ended up losing my cell phone in the middle of a huge field. we later played hide-and-seek and found it. my poor phone.

i figured my dead camera had spent long enough in the glove compartment of my car, so i re-charged it and put it to good use this weekend. a few of the pictures are below...

No comments:

Post a Comment