Wednesday, April 8, 2009

i must not be a hood rat.

today at work, erik coached me some more on my rapping abilities. i have the beat down, but i don't sound "hard" enough. in this context, i'm concluding that hard is used to describe someone who is gangsta/from the streets/always getting their hustle on/keeping it real. the rap i'm learning goes something like this...

"i've been up and i've been down, beat to the ground but God pulled me out now. the bridge i traveled shattered like glass. the road i was on is not the right path. the only faith i had was in a girl named Faith, and He snatched that Faith away from me, told me the faith i need is in a G-O-D... so listen up.."

...and the rest of the lyrics are yet to come. i just have to memorize and conquer them first. between russell banging on his keyboard and mine and erik's jam sessions, the labfirst admitting area is rarely quiet. i guess i'll continue with my progress tomorrow.

have i mentioned that i love the words "hood rat?" i have latarian milton to thank for that.

watch: latarian milton

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I just want be a hood rat. . .and do hood rat thing with my friends! You are too funny you just made my day!

    ReplyDelete