Thursday, April 9, 2009

You'll be my weeping willow.


weeping willow, may i sit under your shade?
reality looks me square in the eyes,
she's so hard to face sometimes.
let your tears fall where they will,
they'll wash the cynicism from my mind.

whispering willow, why do you stand here in the waste land?
you envelope me in a peaceful embrace,
i won't paint you among the graves this time.
tomorrow the mourning will come,
but tonight sing to me a deathless song.

graceful willow, how do your roots run so deep?
your arms cover the brokenhearted,
twirling delicately about me as i sleep.
i'm under nature's own ballerina,
and she's dancing to the rhythm of my dreams.

vulnerable willow, when will the sun's light seep through?
you've made yourself transparent,
allowing me to tread upon thoughts from you.
i'll come forth from within as the dawn breaks,
healed and starting anew.
(c) 2009

1 comment:

  1. emily, this blows me away. i think you are ready to publish, ok?

    ReplyDelete