Friday, February 20, 2009

where You send me, i will go..

i'm sitting here at work with nothing to do. it's a good thing i have a blog now! i usually study during my free time, but i forgot my MCAT book today. i also forgot my headphones which means no music. that upsets me. Friday's are usually slow, so i'll survive.

i just have to say i'm really thankful for my job. it's not my ideal job, to say the least, but it's a job. it will definitely make me appreciate the next stage of my life once i get there. in the next few months i'll have a better idea of where i'm going. either way, i will have six months to a year before i start medical school. i have a major opportunity that is in front of me, and i'm going to keep praying about it for awhile. i would appreciate all the prayers i can get. :)

a lady i met in Auburn, Carla Etheridge, lives in Uganda. she started a ministry called "the Tabitha Project," and she ministers to widows and orphans. for over 20 years, war broke out in this region and left thousands of people homeless and in need of outside help. most of the people that survived are widows and orphans. Carla helps provide these people with food, shelter, clothes, medical necessities, etc. most importantly, she is able to tell them about Jesus and how much He loves them! i've kept in touch with her through email and have been praying about going there to work under her for a while before i start school. just thinking about it excites me. i hope the Lord allows me to go.

it's been prophesied to me several times that i will go to Africa. i had plans to spend part of my Christmas break in Kenya a couple years ago to work at a hospital there, but i never got the second response back. if i would have gone, i would have been in Kenya while the attacks were going on. now i know it was the Lord's will for me to stay. i'm hoping this is my chance to go and minister for awhile and grow more in the Lord. i would be working with a lady that has given the rest of her life to these people, and i know i would gain a lot from this experience. i can only hope i would give even more.

and i heard the voice of the Lord saying, "whom shall i send, and who will go for us?" then i said, "here am i! send me."
Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment