Tuesday, February 17, 2009

kill me, so that You may live..

i can't believe i am doing this. this might just be the perfect opportunity to delete Myspace and commit fully to blogging. since it's 1:00am and my eyes are beginning to shut, i'm just going to include something i wrote a year or so ago. i realize i'm still in this place even now.

tear through the walls of this heart
the layers of doubts and insecurities are many,
and the barriers were drawn long ago
rip my flesh and shred it to pieces
heal the pain, because after all..
You are all i really need to know

dig down deep, even deeper than before
Your grip may kill me,
but life only comes after death

freedom comes with a price,
a sum You have already paid

so.. come in, breathe in deeply for me,
and i’ll give You, and only You, my final breath


replace my works, words, and wishes
with Your grace, truth, and fire

comprehension feels needed,
but Your Word is much more than enough

take this spark inside, light it up, and set my soul ablaze
let the flame cleanse the impurities within..
all i long for is You.. Love.
(c) 2008

And off in the distance
Mountains begin to appear
Smaller still my worries seem
When I'm resting up here

'Cause I've been confused
And you've stayed the same
The things that I'm lacking
Have caused me to say
Just look at me now, tired it's true
All that I'm wanting is to lay here with you

-Matt Wertz

No comments:

Post a Comment