Wednesday, February 25, 2009

give me grace.

today is the first day of Lent. i've never given up something for forty days before, and maybe i've used the excuse of me not being Catholic as the reason why. so, i've decided to use these forty days to fast from two things i like a lot: sweets and Facebook. (i'm fasting from Myspace too, although i rarely get on there. that doesn't count for much).

i eat sweets probably way too much, and i spend time on Facebook that i could use to do something much more productive.. like praying and getting to know Him more. i would just make it more simple and stay off the computer, but i need to check email at work and update my blog, of course. i know He's going to teach me a lot. i wouldn't want to forget it. i hope during these forty days, He will teach me more of Himself and will give me a desire only for Him. i want to take this time to repent for the sins i've been struggling with and turn from them for good. i know He will give me the grace i need.

p.s. i'm actually starting my fast tomorrow. Herenia, the puerto rican lady who's been working with us, brought panera for us today. she was so excited. i'm not sure if the raspberry cream cheese counts as a sweet, but i'm saying it does. it was pretty darn sweet and good.

1 comment:

  1. alright, then i will just have to keep up with you here ;)

    ReplyDelete