Sunday, February 22, 2009

i long to be blameless.

the only way i can really walk upright is to spend time with Him and not with the world. how can i expect to walk blamelessly before Him if i'm not even taking the time to talk with Him or listen to what He says to me through His Word?

oh how i fall, again and again, but His mercies are never-ending.

my heart has wings
they've just flown away for awhile
to a distant place it seems
but they'll be back whiter than before

maybe they'll come in full
like a flock in winter
or they may come slowly, one at a time
with gratefulness at their ends

my heart will fly again
assuredly, gently, above the stars
these wings bring change
pumping the flesh out
all the while, the Spirit remains

my heart has wings
they've just gone away for awhile
to a far off place it seems
but they'll be back
they'll be back, truer than before

i'm going to make it right this time.
p.s. i was made to impact the world.

"Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me."
Romans 7:14-20

No comments:

Post a Comment