Wednesday, February 18, 2009

...i believe

so, Courtney Taylor and i keep poking each other back and forth on Facebook. i'm still not sure why. he started it. maybe he saw a picture of me and him in one of my albums and thinks he's my hero. or maybe it's just a hacker. i'm sure this wouldn't be happening if he knew i am a Bama fan. nonetheless, i think it's pretty amusing.

on a more serious note, i really need to stop complaining so much. i was reminded at church Sunday that when we complain, we're really complaining about Jesus. i'm where i'm at for a reason. all the people who surround me, even the ones who test me, were put in my life for a reason. i need to stop being so selfish and let His light shine in me. i feel like i have wandered away and need to find Him again. He's in me, but i'm not living like He is.

sitting in this place waiting to be inspired
how does the moment slip in and when will it again?
i could write words well thought out and admired
yet i'll lack the feelings behind them... until i believe

i want them beautiful, blissful
pure emotion wrapped in truth
rolling off of my tongue 'cause i can't hold them in
the feelings that come when i think of you

wondering what the next turn i take will be
been in this drought for awhile now
you are gazing at me from afar it seems
when in reality you're close enough to breathe

you are tasteful, graceful
real love clothed in glory
so rich is your being my flesh can't contain it
it loses its meaning when you come around

sitting in my room, you're the inspiration
you slip in and die to set me free
insufficient words cannot express how i feel
but my heart knows who you are...and i believe


as the night fades into morning and the ocean skims the shore
as the leaves turn in mid-October, i'm forever yours

words still have their meanings and the children laugh and run
as the storms may pass but sometimes fall, i'm forever yours

the melodies we hear still move us while remembering times before
but in the end i will return because i'm forever yours

as sparks fly up from the well-lit fire and ashes burn away
as you break through everything i have become, i'm forever yours
(c) 2009

my feelings are usually wrong. as many times as i wander away, i never have to find Him. He always finds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment