Sunday, January 30, 2011

He's making progress.

i still have a long way to go.

but something cool happened tonight that just hit me about five seconds ago, and i have to share.

want to know how i know God's love for me is becoming more real to me and i'm slowly seeing myself as He sees me?

tonight i played the invitation at Celebrate Recovery. i played almost every single note wrong and i got the words all mixed up (the words i sang didn't even make sense together), and i didn't beat myself up over it.

WHOA... i didn't beat myself up. this is huge!

i'm not saying it was a good idea to try to play and sing a new song that i had only played through three or four times before, because it wasn't. i needed to prepare more. lesson learned. but after the fact, i laughed at myself and went on.

besides, the Lord knew the words that i meant to sing, and He probably thought it was pretty funny too.

He's doing away with the perfectionist in me, and how i love Him for it.

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.
Ethel Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment