Friday, February 11, 2011

my thoughts today...

1. if i ever start focusing more on the gifts He's given me rather than seeking His face, He's quick at getting my attention again.
2. i wanna have faith like Job. "he said, 'i came naked from my mother's womb, and i will be naked when i leave. the Lord gave me what i had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!'" Job 1:21
3. i thought i'd never say these words, but i think i might want to teach. this thought terrifies me a little since a teacher is the last thing i'd consider myself, but He equips, right?
4. you may think i'm wishy-washy for changing my mind so much, and that's ok. i can be wishy-washy when it comes to the small things. and believe it or not, my career is a minute thing to me. it's less important to me than the Lord, my love, my family, my church, etc. i'm fully aware He gave me a mind to put to good use and hands to work, i'm just trying to take one day at a time and follow His lead. he brought me back to Gadsden when i didn't want to come. now that i'm here, i don't want to leave. He's funny sometimes. i'll follow Him anywhere, but i'm praying hard He lets me stay.
5. i'm already tired of typing today. i think i'll go eat a donut.

2 comments:

  1. I like #1. My old preacher used to always say we needed to focus on The Giver, not the gift. That has stuck with me real well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, but I could totally see you as a teacher. I would actually love to do the same, but don't feel like I have the grace for it. God is in the midst of your plans, so don't feel wishy-washy. He made us dreamers, Em. It may look irresponsible or naiive to not worry about your life, but Jesus sees you as more beautiful and purposeful just as you are than the lilies of the field he bathes in sunlight. You are the focus of his joy! No matter what you do or where you are.

    ReplyDelete