Tuesday, March 29, 2011

so, here's my personality.

i just got back from the Designer Genes get-together at church tonight. as if i didn't already know, i'm a full blown phlegmatic, and...

*i like avoiding conflict and keeping peace.
*i need to feel worthy and understood.
*i need emotional support.
*i hate making decisions.
*i like a dry sense of humor.
*even when i'm excited about something, i don't always show my enthusiasm.
*i have a hidden will of iron.
*i'm very friendly but i'm an introvert.
*i hate personal confrontation. i'd almost rather die.
*i like people who will make decisions for me, who recognize my strengths, and who will not ignore me. (amen!)
*i dislike people who are too pushy and expect too much of me. (double amen!)
*i am inoffensive.
*i should learn to face my own problems as well as i handle other people's problems.
*i'm recognized by my calm approach.
*i'm much better at listening than talking.
*i usually doubt people more than i believe them.

...just in case you needed to know how to better deal with me. :)

no, but on a more serious note, i believe when we invite the Holy Spirit to come in and begin changing us, He can change our personalities for the better. sure, i hate confrontation, but i'm praying He'll give me the grace to be confrontational when it's necessary. i'm also praying for boldness and a confidence of who i am in Christ. and i want grace for people who were made to be different than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment