Wednesday, March 23, 2011

confession

i have a confession.

i gossiped at work yesterday and today.

i knew i was gossiping while i was gossiping… and i kept on gossiping. that’s my story that has gotten me in trouble in the past. i knew i was doing wrong while i was doing wrong… and i kept on doing wrong.

the difference between now and then is that now i’m learning to admit when i’m wrong and make it right. there comes a point where we have to take responsibility for our actions and stop blaming everyone else.

so… as i was sitting in the cafeteria with several co-workers talking about so-and-so and how she could possibly continue to act like she’s been acting, i was reminded that i’m no different. i let my flesh win some and make bad decisions.

one of the guys i was talking to asked me a little later what my tattoo on the back of my neck means, and i proceeded to tell him, “Yeshua.” i didn’t like how it felt saying His name and knowing i wasn’t doing a very good job portraying Him.

i really do want to honor Him. i am so glad His blood covers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment