Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love is living inside of me.

you are my bulwark in this land, protecting me as they come at me.
i search for the mot juste to describe you.. all of you or even just a part of you.. and it doesn't come. i wish it would.
i want to fill my curio cabinet with all that is unusual about you... just unable to wrap my arms around it all.
the words you speak edify me daily. i pray your illumination will enlighten the others who surround me.
i have grown dim. my light does not shine as bright as it did before. light me again and radiate in and through me.

you cushion my falls.
you are my sustenance and help me stand...
stronger than before.
again and again.

By your favor, O LORD, you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face, I was dismayed.
Psalm 30:7

your distance from me has made you even more glorious. maybe this season will be ending soon, and maybe not.
the grace you show me continuously dwells in my heart, welling up in me at times as a reminder of perfection.

thank you for being perfect so i don't have to be.
you are love in its purest form... just living inside of me.
show me your face again.
let me memorize your expressions and the lines on your skin.

with a strong hand and an outstretched arm,
for his steadfast love endures forever..
Psalm 136:12

your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.
Psalm 36:5

you whisper your thoughts through my dreams at night. impart...intrust...utter more of yourself to me, please.
i dreamed of being separated from you, and upon awaking, i realized you were still here. thank you.
uphold me so you can better trust me. maintain me so you may choose to use me. fix my eyes on heaven.. on you.
turn my suffering into gladness and my shame into praise.
submerge me in your goodness, not letting me come up for even a breath. you're the only air i need.
as the day begins and draws to an end, let me be aware of you and what you're doing in this realm and in the other.
give me insight..revelation..but really, just more of you.

But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may
also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed,
because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
I Peter 4:13-14

Written: December 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment