Sunday, February 21, 2010

...but you, Love, found me.

i lost my love but you, Love, found me

your name is on my lips as i'm dreaming
your eyes pierce through my heart when i'm breathing
your song is resonating in my head as it sits here waiting

should the rhythm be fast or slow?
it could collide with the pounding of my heart
or move as the goodness of who you are

major or a minor key?
the melody can be a simple tune
while the harmony exemplifies everything you do

what words could do you justice?
as you speak through me i'll write to you
and the lyrics will be the truth you already knew

the memories are slowly fading
as your love is overtaking who i used to be
my thoughts you're slowly changing
and i believe all you say to me

i've found myself because you, Love, found me

Written: July 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment