Wednesday, July 1, 2009

..but i need Your hands on me now.

she wears a peace sign 'round her wrist and her heart on her sleeve
her grandfather's memory is wrapped tight around her ring finger
the scars on her arms and legs each have a story of their own
and, believe me, if you had enough time she'd tell you all about 'em

the lines on her face are proof of the endless expressions she shows
and the laughter and tears are evidence of the joy deep in her heart
her smile holds the pain in for as long as it can 'til her eyes say it all
when her hair is dancing in the street, near the Son, she'll be free again

(c) 2009

i need a sign to let me know you're here
'cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
i want a reason for the way things have to be
i need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me

you're in and out up and down
wonder if you're lost or found
but i got my hands on you
are you strong enough to tow the line
are you gonna make me yours
or do i make you mine
i'm in and out i'm up and down
wonder if i'm lost or found
but i need your hands on me now
-train

1 comment: