Thursday, July 9, 2009

art, dreams, and beautiful things

mom had a baby in my dream last night. i was so excited because i've always wanted a younger brother or sister. she gave her a name that translated "shame," and i made her change it. she already had the official birth certificate and everything. i don't know about in real life, but it was a huge ordeal getting her name changed in my mind last night. i can't remember the new name i gave her, but i do know it was pretty and had a really good meaning. names mean a lot. she had a head full of red hair, and i loved her so much. i didn't ever want to put her down. she just kept staring at me with those beautiful eyes, and i was in love. i want her in real life. mom says i can't have a baby right now, and i guess i agree with that. i could deal with not having one in this life, but i really hope the Lord surprises me with one someday.

i also dreamed john mayer gave me a private concert at the gadsden country club, but that's another story in itself. he sure can play that guitar.

i'm so glad the weekend is upon me. i'm going to stay with kimberly, and we are going to attempt a three-hour session at sips n strokes. they guarantee you won't leave without a masterpiece, but i may beg to differ once i finish mine. i bought a canvas and all kinds of paints one time in hopes of creating art, and it ended up in the trash. it looks so easy, but i just don't think i have the painting gene. maybe after saturday night, my hope will be renewed.

and don't mistake me for wanting to be more "artsy." i hate that word, and it's way overused. "that film is so artsy. that girl... she's so artsy." it makes me want to gag.

well, i'll follow you wherever
when you lead me by my nose
on another big adventure, i suppose
then you lay me down in clover
with their petals on my back
i should make some time
to do more things like that...
-sister hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment