Friday, July 3, 2009

all we need is love.

animal cruelty makes me really angry. earlier today, someone dropped three little puppies on the side of the road in gadsden and drove off. since they were still so tiny and hard to see, one of them got backed over and was killed instantly. they ended up at my friend carl's apartment complex, and i just had to stop and hold one of them. they were both shaking and acted like they had been abused. if i had a big backyard and the money to take care of them, i would have taken them home in a heartbeat. for now, they are still at his apartment being fed. i hope they find a good home and lots of love.

puppy love

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you've touched on one of my "soapbox issues"! As you know, Scott is a humane officer, and he sees all kinds of animal cruelty. People that abuse animals usually end up hurting people. It's the beginning of a violent cycle, and you have to be a special kind of crazy to prey on weak, innocent beings like animals, children, and the elderly. Another thing that irks me is when people do not spay or neuter their pets. They have no idea how many animals are euthanized because they don't find a home! It just breaks my heart! I'm sure the little puppy you held basked in your love for that moment, and I'm praying that they both find good, loving homes.

    ReplyDelete