Sunday, September 19, 2010

...not lacking anything.

i am God's favorite. He favors me!

on nights like these, when i look back on the last 12-14 hours of my life and see where the Lord has moved on my behalf, i feel so grateful. from Him picking out the song i would sing this morning at 10:30 (seeing as to how i still had no clue as of 9:30) to Him speaking to my heart tonight and giving me a little more insight into what He's up to, i can't begin to fill this empty space with words that could do Him justice.

i am very aware i have a lot of maturing to do, and the Lord made a truth evident to me tonight. when we won't mature on our own, He puts us in situations that force us to. of course, we have two options. we can take the easy way out, or we can push through towards Him... on our way to becoming mature and complete... not lacking anything. (i can't wait until that day of completion! i will be with Him!)

i can just feel the Lord growing me. the process is hard, He's putting me in uncomfortable positions, and more often times than not, i want to check the little box beside the statement that reads, 'i do not accept these terms of agreement.' but when i look back at who i was and then look ahead at where He's taking me, i can't help but follow Him.

He is worth my life... even my death.

i've also been amazed today at the people He's putting in my life. after Celebrate Recovery on Sunday nights (which is a ministry i'm becoming passionate about!), our women's small group meets, and each of us take about two minutes to tell what's going on in our lives. (some run a little longer. me? i'm still trying to hit the two minute mark.) the transparency overwhelms and encourages me so much. we don't try to fix each other, we just listen to each other. in listening to everyone else's stories, i've learned about myself. in hearing how the Lord is ministering to others, He's ministered to me.

this journey is incredible.

oh, and i got to church early this afternoon, so i was able to play the piano in the dark sanctuary by myself for a good five minutes before someone came and turned the lights on. it was so peaceful and probably the best five minutes of my day.

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE you. Please have a Skype date with me soon. If I thought it was possible, I'd say let's show Talley how to do it as well but maybe we should just have a three way call. :) I'm so happy God is blessing you. You deserve it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete