Saturday, September 25, 2010

my loss is my gain.

balloons are floating up to the stars

there are no strings attached

crossing over into eternity

when they’re gone they cannot come back


fill me with hope instead of helium

cut these strings, let me fly

laughter will carry me somewhere new

where Jesus is and angels reside


freedom is endless on the journey here

sadness is left in shadows of time

no reversing the pattern of gravity now

where brokenness shatters and love binds


like a balloon suspended in the heavens

unbound by time or circumstance

so is my soul, now steadfast and alive

going further and higher with every glance


of You


(c) 2008


i will not offer up on the altar what costs me nothing

i only will sacrifice the best part of my heart
and if my loss is my gain, i would lose everything
and lose it again just to capture You
i'd lose everything just to worship You

if the sun lost its fire, You are the light
if love lost its power, You are faithful
if there was no tomorrow, You never end
You alone, You alone, You alone be praised

i'm coming to waste my oil, to pour it all on You
i'm coming to take the cup, to fill it up with praise
'cause my loss is my gain, i would lose everything
and lose it again just to capture You
i'd lose everything just to worship You

not one thing goes by without You
not one morning sky without You
there is none beside, there's none but You
-leonard jones

No comments:

Post a Comment