Wednesday, March 31, 2010

this little Light of mine...

God healed my car... and He's healing me, too. oh, and He gave me presciption coverage. :)

it's easier for me to see Him when it's dark out. for most people, i suppose it's the other way around. there's just something about having to stumble to the Light that's appealing to me. the more i have to reach and search for Him in the darkness, the more i appreciate His goodness to me. in the blackest of nights, He shines the brightest.

He didn't come to us without a price. how do we expect to draw near to Him for free?

sacrifice. i don't think i know what this word really even means yet. i pray i have a better understanding of its weight tomorrow... and an even better understanding of it the day after. i want to see Him in His fullness when i have nothing left.

i'm feeling a little more courageous than usual tonight, so...

strip me, Lord. let the sickness or poverty or heartbreak or loneliness come if You will.

just leave me You.

Love is not consolation. It is light.
Friedrich Nietzsche

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God provides? And we worry over it like we can actually do something about it! I'm so glad your car is okay, and I'm glad that you have prescription coverage. I know that's a weight off your shoulders!

    I've re-learned recently that we should thank God for ALL things, not just the good things. We never know what God is doing, and we never what God will do with what we perceive as a "bad" situation. And best of all, He will provide. His light does shine brighter in the darkest of nights, and it is then that we seem the most grateful. I am trying to teach myself to be grateful for everything, every day. It is a struggle against human nature, but I still try. When you look at things from a thankful perspective, it's hard to worry and be negative. God blesses us when we are faithful to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post... and if I have learned anything lately it is the truth of this post. At times I want to hide,run, scream, kick, and yell my way thru the darkness..but in the midst of the darkness is when I feel Him the most. And isn't that really what it's all about! Realizing when we have nothing else..that God is still ALL we need. I just pray I don't 'short' him during the times of light.. I hope that I can be grateful and draw near during all phases of life. Great post.. enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete