Monday, March 8, 2010

horse talk...

my flesh is pulling me one way, and His Spirit is drawing me the right way... to the Light.

these two are always at battle inside of me, and like Matthew 26:41 states, "...the flesh is indeed willing, but the spirit is weak."

simple analogy for today: if i went through life pretending i was on the back of a horse, everything would turn out better [well, for the most part].

you see, to ride a horse well, you do the opposite of what your instincts are. instinct is to become tense, so you loosen up. instinct is to lean forward gripping the reigns tightly, so you need to sit back, relax, and give the horse its head. you get the picture.

i think tomorrow i'll try to go against my natural tendencies and see where it gets me. i have a feeling my decisions will be wiser and my countenance a little more radiant.

*[side note]: just to clarify, i'm aware that in certain situations, your instincts are best [example #1: your house is on fire, and you have to get your family out alive in less than a minute. your natural impulse kicks in, you save the day, and you're the local hero for a week. example #2 that's a lot like example #1 except more generalized: you're in a life or death situation you've never found yourself in before, you make an impulse decision without even having time to think, you save yourself or others from the impending danger, and moments later when you DO have time to think, you ask yourself... "what just happened?"].

ok, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment