Thursday, May 14, 2009

we don't feel, but we will.

i just finished watching Marley and Me and doubt that i have any more tears left to cry. i set myself up for it. i've always been a sucker for animals.

christi talbert came and spent the night with me last night. i love her. she's one of those friends that i can be 100% real with. we talked about our sins, our struggles, and how we wish the church was more honest with each other. i'm convinced if we were, the fellowship would make our loads lighter and the battle with sin a little less intimidating. the honesty would compel us to become better recipients of His grace and mercy. knowing someone else has been here makes us feel a little less alone. we don't feel worthy, but we are.

i get to see ET this weekend and am beyond excited. i'm hoping i can get her to take on a little mischief with me. it's been too long since we've been oddballs together.

since lady antebellum has played a vital role in getting me through my work week, i'll include a few of my favorite lyrics...

You wake up every morning and ask yourself
What am I doing here anyway
With the weight of all those disappointments
Whispering in your ear
You’re just barely hanging by a thread
You wanna scream but you’re down to your last breath
And you don’t know it yet

But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there’s a silver lining
Just keep holding on
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won’t be much longer
You’ll find love, you’ll find peace
And the you you’re meant to be
I know right now that’s not the way you feel
But one day you will

3 comments:

  1. We were so caught off guard by Marley & Me... Leyden loved it, but it was so soon after we lost Stoner that it reminded us of him.

    By the way, I totally agree with you about honesty in the church helping everyone. I've always tried to find a Christian I can be "real" with so I can have an accountability partner and know that I'm not alone in this struggle. So glad you've got someone like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I totally agree... I have two friends that I can be really honest with about my sin, but how great would it be if we could be that honest with the whole church?! I'm so with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marley and me was such a cute movie, but I really hated the ending, so sad! I agree with you about sharing our sins with others, I think a lot of times it helps to know that we aren't alone and that someone has gone through the same things or temptations. . . haha now you and ET don't get into tooo much trouble!

    ReplyDelete