Wednesday, October 7, 2009

but not me, i'm alive

tailgatin'
taking a spin in T-Rav's F250 with Kimberly
sips n strokes: round II

i feel like i need to write. it's already seven days into october and no blog entries. heaven forbid. i've never been one to write just for the sake of writing itself, though, and i don't have any earth-shattering news. i guess that's where pictures can come in and do my life a little justice. [not much... i'd rather experience life than try to capture it all, although some friends of mine would disagree. one in particular calls me the "picture nazi." ohhh, brother.]

i don't know what to do with this jumbled mess that entangles my thoughts and isn't quite willing to free them just yet. i see a glimmer of a thought trying to peek its way through every now and then but not enough to decipher it and put it down in words. most days i have an epiphany and think, "whoa, that was good and deep and maybe even life-altering," and before i know it, it's found its place again in the web i like to call my mind. one of these days i may take the time to pick out the pieces that contain substance, put them all together, and teach myself a thing or two. but for now, these empty words and lifeless pictures will have to do.

because while the pictures themselves contain no life, i'm full of it.

it’d be easy to add up all the pain
and all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
but not me, i’m alive

and today you know that’s good enough for me
breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
today's the first day of the rest of my life
and i’m alive, and well
i’m alive, and well
-kenny chesney

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're alive! Keep seeking God and writing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete