Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ruined plans and giggles

so, my plans [as of this morning] were to put in my two weeks notice today, work until the 21st, and move back to Gadsden on the 24th. just when i think the Lord has distanced Himself enough to get my attention, He pops back into the picture and makes me laugh. now my plans are, once again, up in the air.

..but would i really like them any other way?

because the deal is, we can make our own plans, and He'll completely ruin them. in fact, we can plan our lives' away, but they'll never play out the way we imagine. praise God for that. if they did, we might as well hang our hats up now.

don't get me wrong. we can plan. we can prepare ourselves for something bigger. but then, there's this point where we just have to let go and follow the Lord.

and know this: He will provide.

sure, it will look radical. following Jesus is radical. His children weren't made to look like the world. we stand out and look absolutely crazy to most.

...so? He's worth every bit of the so-called advice and questioning looks.

i guess tomorrow i'll know whether i'll be living at home or in a hospital for the next few months. yes, in a hospital.

and no, not as a patient.

oh, He's funny.

3 comments:

  1. Your post made me think of Proverbs 19:21-"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

    He IS so funny sometimes!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you see how much fun and funny God is because he keeps you smiling but you are one person I love to see when you laugh especially when you and your mother start laughing about something and can't stop. Nobody else has to know what you are laughing about and it causes them to laugh. Your laughter is contagious and we can't wait to laugh with you so let us know soon. I am so curious about the next adventure. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete