Tuesday, April 19, 2011

only He can satisfy...

i'm sitting at work eating the rest of my Snickers, and as i'm enjoying one of my favorite tastes, i look down on the back of the wrapper that says "SATISFIES." and that's true. if i'm craving a Snickers (which is pretty often), it does satisfy me... for a little while. but nine times out of ten it leaves me wanting more.

anything we could name, other than the Lord, is the same. it leaves us wanting more. it's good for a little while but doesn't last like we think it should. He's given me many good gifts here on earth that i love and i'm so thankful for, but i've learned that if i'm not continually seeking His face, i'm not satisfied. my relationships with others are even pointless if He's not the focus of them.

some days i look at my life and think of how far i have left to go. i'm in recovery, and i do have a LONG way to go. but i'm thankful that He's brought me this far. i wish my character defects and insecurity issues could be fixed overnight, but that's not how He works. daily if i choose to surrender, daily He will do a work in me.

satisfy me, satisfy me
make my desert bloom like spring
won't You satisfy me

satisfy me, satisfy me
make my dry land a flowing stream
won't You satisfy me

if we wait He will come, send His rain on everyone
if we wait He will come

-sarah mcmillan

No comments:

Post a Comment